I’ve created a series of videos for my clients to help them navigate their new WordPress websites.
In this third video, I’m going to show you how to edit the content on your WordPress website using the Elementor Page Builder. If your website was not built with Elementor, then this video is not for you. If you are unsure, get in touch and I will help you out.
Thanks for watching. If this was helpful, let me know. If it wasn’t let me know why not. Much appreciated!
- Welcome. |In this video, I’m going to show you how to edit the content on your WordPress Website using Elementor.
- To update content on your website, make sure you are logged in and on your WordPress dashboard.
- Click the home link at the top right corner of the dashboard.
- That will take you to the front end of your website. From here, you can navigate to any page that you want to edit.
- When you are on the page you want to edit, click the “Edit with Elementor” button at the top menu.
- Now you are on the editing screen for your website. Before we begin, be sure that you have made a backup to restore your website in case of a mistake.
- On the left, you have all the elements that are available. I use this to build your website and I don’t advise adding new elements without consulting first.
- And on the right, is your website that you can edit.
- To edit a part of your website, simply select the area with your mouse.
- Then, you can edit text in the left pane.
- Or, edit the text directly in the website view.
- This works for any text area.
- It also works for images. Just click an image you want to replace and select a new one on the left side pane.
- When you are done, click the Update button to save your edits.
- Click the preview icon (The eye) to view your website in a new browser window.
- The Screen Icon lets you view what your website looks like on different devices.
- Such as Desktop…
- On a Tablet…
- And on a mobile phone.
- And by clicking the Undo Icon…
- You can undo recent revisions in case you changed your mind.
- Don’t forget to click Update one last time.
- And to go back to your website, click the Hamburger icon in the top left corner.
- You can select “Exit to Dashboard” to go back to the WordPress dashboard.
- Or click View Page to go to the front end of your website.
- There, all done.
- Thanks for watching it.