I’ve created a series of videos for my clients to help them navigate their new WordPress websites.
In this third video, I’m going to show you how to update your WordPress software including the Core WordPress, Plugins and Themes.
Thanks for watching. If this was helpful, let me know. If it wasn’t let me know why not. Much appreciated!
- Welcome. In this video, I’m going to show you how to update your WordPress software.
- Before you update your WordPress software, it’s important to backup your website in case of an error. To do this, please watch my previous video.
- To begin updating, from your WordPress dashboard, click “Updates”.
- First, if the core WordPress software needs updating, it will say so right here.
- To start the update, click Update Now.
- You now have the latest version of WordPress. Onto the plugins.
- If any of your plugins need updating, it will show them here.
- Select all the plugins and then click Update Plugins button.
- Your plugins are now all up to date.
- Next, if any of your themes need updating, it will show them here.
- Select all themes and click Update Themes button.
- Your themes are now updated. Click Return to WordPress Updates page.
- Everything is now up to date. Great work!
- Thanks for watching it.